Here’s the sketch we were given to work with this month at Die Cuttin’ Divas:
I turned it on its side.This card morphed a little as I was working on it. I wanted a lotus flower, but I didn’t have a file for one on my computer, and MyCutSearch didn’t turn up any on any of the Cricut cartridges I own, so I called upon my old pal, Google. I found this beautiful public domain image and downloaded it. It was already an svg, so all I had to do was bring it into my Silhouette Design Studio software and cut it.
My original plan was to have the pink and green flower right on my white panel, but I needed a template to get the pieces in the correct places, so I cut the image out in black, too. I centered the black template on my white panel, taped it down with washi,and started putting the pieces into the holes in the black paper.I really liked how it looked, even with the washi, so I decided to go with it. The colors really pop off that black.I used an embossing folder on the pink panel. The font I used is called Edwardian Script. The pink is a .02 offset and the black is .03.So that’s my take on this month’s sketch. I’d love to see what you do with it! Go link it over at Die Cuttin’ Divas.