You’d think if I couldn’t sleep past 5:00 on a Saturday morning, I wouldn’t think of myself as lucky, but it’s true! My usual morning routine is to peruse craft blogs while drinking copious amounts of coffee, and one of my favorite blogs is Just Yolie, Just Create. She was doing a Pay it Forward, and I was LUCKY enough to get into the fun! Here are the details:
“Pay It Forward” is the idea of blessing someone with a random act of kindness without expecting anything in return. It’s passing on a kindness, hoping that your recipients will do the same, and forming a never-ending chain of goodwill. But it isn’t only kindness, it is also a means to connect and share.
“I promise to send an original creation to the (1st) 5 people who leave a comment here. They must, in turn, post this on their blog, and send something they make to the 1st 5 people who comment.” *
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Leave a comment on this post. I will send a handmade gift to the first 5 commenters.
2. Create a post on your blog offering the same. *
3. Send a handmade item to your first 5 commenters.
4. It must be sent to your 5 people by end of the year.
Please do not sign up unless you are fully committed to making your 5 items!
* I don’t want to discriminate against people who don’t have blogs, so if you don’t have a blog, you must make a handmade gift for five neighbors whom you haven’t met. How’s that sound?
I can’t wait to get started making my gifts!